Printed from the Merit Badge Center, Philippines - http://www.meritbadge.org.ph/
- Show how to operate, thread, and take care of a sewing machine.
- Identify and tell the uses of the following basic tools for tailing: tape measure, tailor's square, scissors, tracer, tailor's chalk.
- Name the different parts of a pair of trousers and a casual shirt.
- Show how to take the measurements for making pajamas and athletic pants. Draft the pattern and make a pair of pajamas or athletic pants.
- Explain why certain fabrics should be soaked first in water and drip-dried preparatory to cutting the cloth.
- Explain what is sanforized cloth.
- Repair or remodel one of the following:
- Worn out collar
- Too short of too long trousers
- Tight or loose trouser waistline
Machine Embroidery - http://www.secretsof.com/embroiderytips/index.html